Age Minimum (with Adult): 1+, Minimum Age:18+
Blood Transportation Volunteer
Help deliver lifesaving blood to hospitals in your community!
Every two seconds, someone in the U.S. needs blood. As a volunteer transportation specialist, you can make sure blood is available for patients in need in North Carolina.
View this video to learn more about the position:
* Transport lifesaving blood from the American Red Cross Blood Donation Center (690 Coliseum Dr. NW, Winston-Salem) to area hospitals.
* Gain valuable training/experience while providing an invaluable service to the community.
* Morning and evening routes are available. Some routes are 3 hours and some routes are 6 hours; Most volunteers drive at least twice a month.
* Use of Red Cross owned and branded vehicles for routes.
* All training is provided free of charge, including CPR/First Aid
* Defensive Driving Aid training for qualified volunteers.
* Valid state driver’s license
* 3+ years driving experience with clean record
* Must be able to lift up to 45 pounds
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: